Friday, March 13, 2015

Come to me baby

I don't know why the Friday wine tastes better than all others but it does, and I don't even work on weekdays.

Stephanie comes back from whatever it is she does, I'm three glasses ahead of her and wearing my most seductive shade of Chanel Rouge Allure lipstick (98 Coromandel). Her father is coming on Tuesday, it's all she talks about.

Tomorrow we're going to the ocean. I haven't seen it since Miramar last summer and it could just as well have been a lifetime. I often dream of late nights and early mornings on Venice Beach, long after sunset, our bare feet in the cold sand, waves crashing in like thunder. Hearts racing from the alcohol and the opium, a small crowd of friends and him beside me like a whirlwind in the grayish dark.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Share