Monday, May 4, 2015

A place to call home

All my life I've been looking for a place to belong. It could have been Paris without the bad memories, just as Los Angeles will never be home to anything but my childhood nightmares.

I've had my heart broken in Monaco and Nice, I feel for London but not so much for Londoners, Tokyo still eludes me after all these years. Don't even get me started on Chicago.

There has to be a reason why I keep coming back to New York. Whenever my mind starts to wander I end up on Fifth Avenue, in the snow or the afternoon haze or the colored lights after dark around Christmas. I feel safe there, as if nothing bad can happen. I miss the park and the skyline, I miss mother's apartment and I miss Chloe. Maybe it's time to go back home.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share